How To Place Free Bets On Formula 1
Betting on Formula 1 racing may not be as popular as betting on horse racing, but it certainly is growing exponentially. Considering that there were over 350 million global viewers of the sport in 2017, it is safe to say that it is one of the most popular forms of motorsport in the world. Furthermore, it is a sport that uses the latest and greatest when it comes to technology. This is evident from the intensive statistical breakdown of every aspect of a race. With such detailed stats and analysis, punters get great insights into the races. This helps in predicting what may transpire in an upcoming race. In addition, you get to place better-informed bets and increase your odds of winning.
In fact, this is one of the many reasons that there are so many online F1 betting markets sprouting up all over the web. In this article, we will discuss different betting options that you have when it comes to Formula 1 betting. Let's also briefly look at the legality of online sports betting in the UK and Europe.
With regards to online sportsbooks, there are several online sportsbooks that run promotions and offers. These promos often target new players, and one of the most common types of welcome promos is to give a new player a free bet of a certain amount. This is similar to casino free spins in were if you place a risk free bet, if you lose, you don't lose from your pocket, and if you win, you get to keep the winnings! This is how you can take advantage of sportsbooks such as Paddy Power and place free bets on Formula 1.
Different types of bets you can place on Formula 1 races
If you are interested in betting on F1 races, you should know that there are tons of betting markets for you to consider. One of the most rewarding bets that you can place in F1 is called an outright bet. This is where the punter predicts the season itself rather than one single race event. However, this is also a high risk bet considering that the sport changes dynamically over the course of even a single season which makes predicting the outcome of the entire season itself, a shot in the dark.
Apart from the outright bet, there are several other safer alternatives you can choose from. Here are some of the bet options you have:
- F1 Drivers Championship: You can bet on who will win the drivers' championship title of the year at the end of the season. You can pick one driver, and if that driver happens to pick up the most points over the course of the season, your bet wins big!
- F1 Constructors' Championship: You need to predict who will win the Constructors' Championship title for the year, this bet is for the entire season as well and not just one race.
- F1 any race win/podium: You can select any driver to either win any single race event in the season or to place on the podium in any of the races in the season.
- Driver Vs Driver: In such a bet, you can pick between the two drivers of a team as to which one will fare better over the course of the season.
- F1 Race Win: This is the most popular type of bet for a single race event, just predict which driver will win the race.
- Pole Position: Pole Positions refer to which position the driver will start in and it is determined in qualifying which happens a day prior to the race day. In this bet, you will need to predict which driver gets the pole position.
- Fastest Lap: In such a bet, you need to pick one driver and if this driver happens to clock the fastest lap of the race, irrespective of their final position, you will win the bet.
- Top 3: You can pick one driver in this bet and if the driver finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you will win the bet. This is generally one of the safest bets to place, especially if you are picking the favorite.
- Top 6 Bets: For you to win your chosen drivers must finish in the top 6 in a race. This type of bet is similar to the top 3 although less commonly found.
- Safety car: In this bet, you need to bet whether or not the safety car will appear. Your options are only 'yes' or 'no'.
- Winning margin: Some bookmakers allow punters to bet on the differenece in the finishing time of the top two positions in a race. They may be posted as over/under bets based on a specific time difference or in groups such as 'Under 6 seconds', 'Over 10 seconds' etc.
- Matchup Bets: In this type of bet between 2 and 6 drivers at pitted against each other. Punters need to choose one driver who will potentially finish the highest in the race. Some sites offer up to 10 or 15 matchup bets per race.
Legality of sports betting in the UK and Europe
If you are based in the UK or anywhere else in Europe, then you have plenty of legal, legitimate and trustworthy options when it comes to F1 betting and sports betting in general. There are literally hundreds of legal betting sites to choose from. We recommend choosing something like Paddy Power which gives you a free bet. A free bet not only gives you a risk-free chance to win real money, but it also teaches you the ropes in terms of how the sportsbook works, how to place the bet, etc. without having to experiment with your own money.