Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword from Microgaming
This Microgaming developed slot should need little introduction. It is, of course, based on the famous Tomb Raider video game series, and features its heroine, Lara Croft, in all her glory. Based on the video game releases from the 2000s (not the older, or more recent reboot series of games), Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword carries plenty of features and prizes.
Although the imagery in the game now looks a touch dated, the dynamics and gameplay of the slot are still just as entertaining as ever. The primitive design and setup won't bother too many people, as has proven to be the case with the fact that Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword continues to be a hit at online casinos. This is the second slot to be released in this video game series, following on from Microgaming's earlier and far more elementary release, which was known simply as Tomb Raider.
About Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword from Microgaming
Any Tomb Raider fan worth their salt will notice the graphics and imagery on the reels of this game and be able to tell you where they come from. They are, of course, from the Legend and Underworld games, which were launched in 2005 and 2008, respectively. Even the in-slot story about King Arthur's sword (Excalibur) comes from the Underworld video game. This slot almost a decade old and that does show at times. Even so, the great thing about "video game" graphics is that they seldom tend to look too dated.
Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword doesn't just feature our feisty heroine as she travels the globe in search of artefacts. It also features high-playing card symbols and comes fully comped with a range of bonuses and randomly triggered goodies. If you like Microgaming slots which are heavy on features, this one is ideal.
Where to Get Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword No Deposit Codes
Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword can, at times, appear in free spin and no deposit bonus offers at Microgaming casinos. You may be able to find Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword no deposit codes at casinos, and if you can, this is how you go about claiming your reward...
How to Claim Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword Free Spins - A Step-by-Step Guide
Obviously, before you can follow our quick step guide to playing with Tomb Raider free spins, you need to find an online casino which offers such a deal. Many major Microgaming casinos do just that. Now, just follow our steps...
Why is Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword So Popular?
Even though Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword is nigh on ten years old, it continues to be a massive hit with players at Microgaming casinos. Being arguably the finest video game-themed slot around certainly helps its cause, but there are plenty of other reasons why this game still draws a crowd. Such as:
- Wild Symbols: They appear as Lara's portrait, or the cover of Legend if you're a Tomb Raider nut. These symbols can substitute for all other icons barring scatters and bonus symbols.
- Scatter Symbols: These appear as sword fragments. These glowing symbols can trigger a free spin bonus when 3 or more symbols land on the reels in any position.
- Bonus Symbols: Appearing as passports, they can trigger a Global Adventure Bonus. When they land in the centre of each reel, that reel will become "locked". You need to gradually land the symbols in the centre of each reel to trigger the feature, and this can take anything from 5 to 5,000 spins or more. However, the game contains a primitive memory function, so even if you close the game and come back days later, it will remember where you were with this task.
- Randomly Triggered Bonus: At any point in the base game, Lara may decide to dart across the reels firing her twins. These twin guns will shoot wilds onto the reels. On occasion, the wilds will be frozen into place, and a few free spins may also come your way.
- Global Adventure Bonus: If you have triggered this feature, you will get to choose from 5 different locations. Each location has a series of artefacts. You can win cash from them, a sword fragment (which wins you all prizes and completes the section) or you can find a trap, landing two of which will terminate the round. If you complete a section, you can move onto the next location on the map. On the rare occasion, finding two traps may not end the bonus. It may trigger a shoot-out with Lara's enemy, the Queen of Atlantis, Natla. If Lara wins, you get another crack at the feature.
Free Spins and Wagering Requirements
The free spin bonus in Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword is basic enough. You'll get 10 free spins, during which Microgaming's Rolling Reels feature is active. Any successive wins you land will increase a multiplier up to 5x, which drops back to 1x when you lose. Winning symbols are removed from the reels and replace by new ones, essentially giving you far more than 10 chances to win.
This game is played over 5 reels and 30 lines. Paylines, coin values and the number of coins you stake per line are all adjustable, giving you total control over your bets. These can rise from 1p per line per spin up to £300 a game in all. The most you can expect to win in Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword is 7,500x your total bet (by landing 5 wilds on a line), which is still a mouth-watering non-progressive prize.
More About the Game
|Summary of the Tomb Raider: The Secret of the Sword video slot|
|Min Coins per Line||1|
|Max Coins per Line||10|
|Min Coins Size||1p|
|Max Coins Size||£1|
|RTP (Return to Player)||95.23%|